1. The part of a tree trunk left protruding from the ground after the tree has fallen or has been felled.
I love to hear from my readers! Email me at [mistresskrista at stumptuous dot com] to tell me that you found the site useful and helpful. I especially like to get progress updates from folks who have tried something suggested on the site. And I adore pictures, especially before and after stuff.
|Become a fan of Stumptuous.com or join We Are Stumptuous|
But before you hit “send”, check here to make sure I’m going to be able to help you. Here are some handy tips for emailing the Mistress, and some frequently asked questions.
Check to make sure you have read through the whole site (or the pertinent areas) before you email me. Quite often I have anticipated your request and provided some material already.
- What does Stumptuous mean?
- Do you answer training and diet-related questions?
- I emailed you but haven’t gotten a response. Why?
- I’m a guy. Can I still use the information on your site?
- Will you beat me up for money?
- Will you send me naked pictures?
- Will you tell me how to lose muscle?
- What if I have a complaint about the material?
- Can you hook me up with a serious trainer in my area?
- What brand of _______ do you recommend?
- Will you advertise my product or service on your site?
- How much can you squat/bench press/deadlift?
- Why do you have to cuss so much? Isn’t there a way to make your point without profanity? Don’t you consider yourself a role model? Think of the children!
It’s a conjunction of “stumpy” and “sumptuous”, which I was when I first started training. I am still stumpy, but some of that “built for comfort, not for speed” padding is gone.
I used to, but due to the volume of email I now receive, I simply can’t. Also, there’s an excellent chance that your question has been answered on the website already. In particular I recommend you check out:
There are several possible reasons.
1. You sent an email that read like it was written from inside a jail cell or an institution for the criminally insane.
2. You sent an email from an account that had some kind of spam filter on it that killed my reply.
3. You sent an email without a valid response address and my reply to you just bounced back or went into the electronic ether.
4. I’m really goddamned busy and have suffocated underneath a mound of “real” work. I’ll get to it as soon as I can.
The last one is the most likely one. I try my best to respond promptly, but it doesn’t always happen. Often I save up email I get during the week, and respond to it on the weekends when I have a few spare moments. Sometimes messages get lost in the inbox, so if you haven’t heard from me in a couple of weeks, try a gentle reminder. Of course if #1, #2, or #3 is the problem you’ll never hear from me.
Of course. Most of the information is gender-neutral.
However, I have geared some of the advice to the probable concerns of female readers. For example, we know that young women suffer from a greater incidence of knee injuries, so I have included a page on patellofemoral syndrome. But that doesn’t mean a guy with hurtin’ joints can’t use the information too.
Lots of male readers write to tell me that they have used the advice here, and passed it on to their wife, girlfriend, sister, mom, female clients, etc. I think that’s great! Spread the good word!
How much money? Hehe. Seriously, you’re probably thinking of the other Mistress Krista.
Dude. C’mon now.
Trust me, you’ll need that stuff when you’re 80.
I don’t care if you think you’re the She-Hulk (you’re probably not), or if your muscular thighs are “too bulky” (most of it is probably body fat not muscle, and your thighs are probably totally normal), if you can’t find clothes (aren’t the manufacturers the one with problem, not you?) I’m not enabling your dysfunctional crap.
Find non-fucked up role models and be strong. And enjoy not getting stuck on the toilet in the old age home.
Stumptuous is a benevolent dictatorship.
If you have a complaint about the material on this site, such as a possible factual inaccuracy, please provide me with some evidence for your claim when you email me. I am always happy to learn about new developments and knowledge in the field.
If you have some research which suggests that I should reconsider some of the information here, then great. I am happy to explain certain concepts further, or admit when I don’t know something.
But if you just want to mansplain, promote your individual brand of crazy, and/or share something you read on a website sponsored by the Scientologists, dial 1-800-FUCK-OFF.
Depending on your request I am often able to point you towards some resources. You’ll have the best luck if you’re looking for a powerlifting or Olympic lifting association in your area. And I can also send out my moles for more information if I don’t see anything right away. I cannot hook you up with a workout buddy or an average gym trainer, though.
In general I don’t make brand recommendations. While I am happy to suggest one of the few reputable online companies that I know, I don’t really endorse many products. I can make recommendations about how to find a good product, though.
But if you have a specialty, good quality, hard-to-find product that meets the needs of my readership, then I might mention it somewhere.
Don’t ask me to shill for your useless supplements, or to participate in your MLM scams. In fact you might want to check the Crap List just to make sure your product isn’t listed there before you email me and embarrass yourself.
Not enough, ever.
Why do you have to cuss so much? Isn’t there a way to make your point without profanity? Don’t you consider yourself a role model? Think of the children!
- Because it’s my site and I can. (See Dictatorship, benevolent.)
- Isn’t there a way to eat food without flavour? Sure, but why? The Anglo-Saxons and Normans brought English the gift of short, zesty linguistic punctuation. Don’t be a re-gifter.
- I weep for a world in which athletes are “role models” and a woman who likes lifting heavy things is expected to act like a debutante. And you wonder why we’re so screwed up.
- Fuck off.